LET'S GET STARTED!
Take a pencil and clean sheet of paper, then find a quiet spot and answer these questions ... dig deep to find your true feelings!
If you could only do ONE thing with your Life what would it be?
Think for a few minutes about this question and write down your answer ... what is it that you would really be doing if money and commitments were no obstacle?
How would you describe your Life to your 8 year old grandchild
We call this Your Rear Deck Speech: how would you describe the life that you lived and the things that you accomplished to a child? Would it be about the houses and cars that you acquired? Would it be about the money that you earned? Of course, not ...
Then, try these questions:
1. Assume you've got all the money you need - enough for the rest of your life. What would you do with it? How would you live?
2. You go to the doctor who finds that you have a rare illness. He says you will feel fine but only have 5 years of healthy living then you will die suddenly but painlessly in your sleep. Now, how will you spend your remaining time? What will you do?
3. You go to the doctor for a follow-up visit, he says that he made a mistake and you now only have 24 hours left to live. What did you miss? Who did you not get to be? What did you not get to do?
Difficult, but important questions ...
These 3 Big Questions are by George Kinder [adapted from 'The Number' by Lee Eisenberg, Free Press, 2006]
Take another clean sheet of paper and use the questions that you just answered to help you answer this important question:
What is Your Life's Purpose?
Write down the first, short statement that pops into your mind. Then write another, and another ...
Don't stop until you have the statement that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Don't worry if it takes 50 attempts ...
Here are some real-life examples from other Share Your Number members:
To be constantly traveling: physically, mentally, and spiritually.
To build relationships that build dreams
To use my knowledge, skills, talents and wisdom to help others
To be a good steward of the resources I have
To Glorify God In Every Thing I do
Then you have just one more step ...
... list all the things that you NEED to be/do/have in order to truly live your Life's Purpose:
To help you, here is an example from one of our members:
1. Four international trips per year
2. Time to travel 'at will' (i.e. quit job)
3. Money to invest in 'creative ventures'
4. Time to explore my ideas
5. Time to meditate on Life
Click on the 'What is Your Number?' tab